Dream Theater

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dream Theater

Post by Prime Mover »

I know there's a fairly high percentage of prog fans here.

New album is out... Very good. I think the guys have finally stopped trying to be a "Metal band" (sometimes they are) and have gone back to embracing what they really are. Lots more hard rock, great riffs, interesting rhythms, less *chunk* *chunk* *chunk* .

Also, from a production standpoint, it once again confirms that modern day production has finally stopped shunning older styles. The production is a little more timeless, introducing bits of 70s, 90s, and dare I say 80s into the fold, along with modern sounds. For so long, I think artists and producers have been dead set on shunning the sound of the previous few decades.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Dream Theater

Post by twistedtom »

Cool I like them a lot, I will check it out.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.