iOS 7

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
ChrisByrd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iOS 7

Post by ChrisByrd »

I forgot to say that after updating I was experiencing a lag when typing, but found a thread which suggested resetting all settings (under Settings/General), and this fixed the problem.
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.9.1, Apogee Duet Firewire, Yamaha S90, Digital Performer 8.0.5, Finale 2012c, Cubase 7, Logic Pro X, NI Komplete 9, HALion 5
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

I'll make my girlfriend update first. Girls are great for that.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
tremo

Post by tremo »

For those using V-Control Pro, Neyrinck says on their Facebook page, "We have tested on iOS 7 with V-Control Pro on an iPad Mini and it runs very well with no issues."

...still, I'm keeping my iPad on iOS6 for a while...
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I usually have the latest version of iTunes, and have no problems with it. There was a small bug in 11.0.0, and an inadvertently missing view feature. Both were fixed quickly. This issue of listing all the old podcasts happens if you look at them in the iTunes store.

The answer is to look at your Podcasts in your Podcasts list by clicking in the correct area in the listing at the left of the screen. It will show you only those you have and whether you've listened to them. If there are new Podcasts you don't have, it adds them if you have that preference set.

I do listen to a lot of podcasts, instead of radio. The way iTunes handles them has improved significantly in the past 18 months.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

This might be a problem for some people.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/io ... tact-info/
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Advice on downgrading iOS for those in need:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049091 ... tk.rss_all
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Don't like the "new" look of Clock, Calculator,Compass, Notes, or Calendars. They're "dumbed down" now. I do like the new look of Weather. AirDrop strikes me as the most useless feature Apple has ever introduced.

Safari is dramatically faster, that's cool. Thumbs up.

Took me awhile to figure out how to quit running apps. It's not intuitive, but it is easier...double-click the home button, then just swipe up on open app pages to quit open apps. Nice, actually.

The issues with DP Control and NI apps will be resolved, I'm sure.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
groove

Post by groove »

David Polich wrote:Don't like the "new" look of Clock, Calculator,Compass, Notes, or Calendars. They're "dumbed down" now. I do like the new look of Weather. AirDrop strikes me as the most useless feature Apple has ever introduced.
You obviously haven't found a use to it :) ; I find it extremely usefull. Want to give a contact info to someone on front of you? Click on the contact and Airdrop it right away. No need to email it. Want to share a lengthy website address or a photo you just took, Airdrop it. A Pages document, a driving directions, just Airdrop it diretly from Maps. It's pretty straight forward and extremely fast. Sometime you don't want to write send an email to the person in front of you just to give him/her a phone number....

David Polich wrote:Took me awhile to figure out how to quit running apps. It's not intuitive, but it is easier...double-click the home button, then just swipe up on open app pages to quit open apps. Nice, actually.

The issues with DP Control and NI apps will be resolved, I'm sure.
This is not specific to iOS 7 but if you are on an iPad, use the four fingers gestures to navigate your way between app and multitasking: instead of double-clicking the home button, the four fingers swipe up from the bottom of the screen opens the multitasking window. One click on the Home button brings you back to the app you were. In an app, four fingers swipe left or right navigate sequencially to the next open app, same as the Control-Tab command in OS X.

iOS 7.02 is around the corner and devs are updating their apps en masse at the moment.
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

David Polich wrote:...then just swipe up on open app pages to quit open apps. Nice, actually.
My iPhone 4 is jailbroken and I had an app that does this for me that I got via Cydia. I wouldn't be surprised of Apple lifted the idea there and they get a lot of ideas for tweaks from what's available on jailbroken phones.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I don't use DP Control so I can't comment on that app. Otherwise on my iPhone 5, iOS 7 is pretty nice. Just scratching the surface but seems faster and I like the new features a lot.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I like it, too. Great look, the new features are helpful, and DP Control seems to work fine, at least on my iPhone.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Controlling lots of stuff by swiping by upward swiping from any app is great. But Siri is going to remain female. I told her eff herself for screwing up directions (iOS 6) and she said "I would if I could." You gotta live her sense of humor. I also prefer taking direction from her that that new guy. He sounds too clean cut. Ha ha ha...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I will not update my iPad until DP control works with it. I use DP control a lot.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Well sure. If it broke my most used apps or if I was not in a 5 I wouldn't upgrade either. But again, it zooms along on my phone. Everything is fast now, it feels like a new phone.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Well sure. If it broke my most used apps or if I was not in a 5 I wouldn't upgrade either. But again, it zooms along on my phone. Everything is fast now, it feels like a new phone.
So are you using iTunes 11.1? Watcha think?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31