Frustrating presets

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Frustrating presets

Post by buzzsmith »

I want one that sets all of my EQs perfectly and makes my mixes sound wonderful.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

buzzsmith wrote:I want one that sets all of my EQs perfectly and makes my mixes sound wonderful.
Dude, that's two separate presets. You have to choose, unless you want to run two instances of the plugin.
:koolaid:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I'm dazed from lead sheet transcribing!

I meant 2 (at least)!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

buzzsmith wrote:I'm dazed from lead sheet transcribing!
There's a preset for that.
8)

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

There butter be!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Incogneato

Post by Incogneato »

You tweakers!
Mac Pro, DP8x, OS10.8x, VI's, plugins, hardware gear, this that and the other. Video gear.
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

I miss that one preset which makes my poor timing right in place and my poor intonation sound just right, as I diserve.

And, BTW, a preset which makes my stage performance dramatic and... successful!

But, of course, I don't want to put my fine hands under the hood. I'm an artist after all!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Snide Sneed! LOL.

Oh, and I agree. I won't even change a battery anymore...

j/k
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:[...]I won't even change a battery anymore... [...]
Never did...
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
Darcycpoes

Post by Darcycpoes »

I have to agree
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I'm a "find something in the ballpark and tweak the Hell out of it" kinda guy, so additional and better presets would be a Godsend.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Brewster1

Post by Brewster1 »

Good to read the replies, and yes, my initial post was very whingey, but I was just frustrated.
I do create my own presets, and I take the point that presets are very subjective.
However, you would think that MOTU would take classic sounds heard in many highly regarded recordings into account, when designing presets for inserts and VI's. Model 12 does not cut it any more (if it ever did). You can dial up better sounds in Garageband in about 10 seconds.

Yes, I take the point of tweaking things, and creating a list of my own sounds, but often a great preset can inspire a composition that you otherwise would not have thought of.

The main point I was making was, for such a sophisticated program in terms of recording, editing, mixing, and so on.... why are the sounds so unsophisticated?
Sure you can buy sound libraries, but when programs like Logic now include a very useable selection of VI's and plugins for $200, it seems like MOTU could easily dress up their existing VI's, and offer a great palette of sounds.

Also, does anyone know how to share user presets with other users? Such as attaching a user setting to an email?
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

I recall in the early days of this forum there was a section where users could get presets and utilities related to DP. Based upon what I've read there seems to be a need for this. I'm interested in making preset variations on the stock sounds that come with the Mach 5 and sharing them. The same could be done with DP's VI and clippings, key bindings, window arrangements, start up templates, grooves, drum setups in relation to the drum editor. There are some other areas that I have not thought of. These kinds of things like the contribution that made to changing the look of DP really added to this program. There is more to be done but ahh yes finding the time... Thanks to those who sacrifice their time even with this forum especially the moderators.
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR