Motu 828 Diplay f**k

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Leo-on
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu 828 Diplay f**k

Post by Leo-on »

Hello folks,
First of all pleas dont blame me i searched for this topic and didnt find smth..
Im realy desperet and maby you can help...
Ok First of all im using 2 Motu 828 Firewire (daisychained) for live recordings...
Till now I had no problems (even using win 7 etc.) but from one day to a nother my life turned to a F***ing nightmare...
First of all one of my gain potis just got lost (and I cant find a way to get a new one) but thats not too bad... but even worse was that on the same day my freaking display just went BLACK (also all other leds) now you CAN see that the display is still working but only if there is enough light... But I almost work only in live locations where there is NO light... so Im pretty Scr****...
I tried to contact the customers support... but first I come from Germany and secondly they couldn't help me at all :vomit:
For me it looks a bit like the backround led lighting just broke...
So my Question... does anybody know this problem? maby even how to fix it? OR even best way to fix it myself? (yes I CAN soder)
So please guys your kinda my last hope...
I would apreacheate any help because Im pretty close to surrender :surrender: and smash this thing...

If this is the wrong Topic may an Admin be so kind and push it over somewhere (cant find a better place to post it).
Thanks
Leo. :headbang: