It's high time for a MOTU T-Shirt

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

I think a motu cape would be good, a big black one with motu in gold or something.

I mean what client wouldn't be totally impressed by an engineer/producer wearing a cape.
1nput0utput
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by 1nput0utput »

kelldammit wrote:and for the younger females who may be lurking among us, sweatpants with "MOTU" across the butt...
Young females in pro audio? Ha...
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Hey James. How about a UnicorNation T-shirt?

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
wheever

Post by wheever »

Mr. Quimper wrote:There's always cafepress...we could just make our own. :)
A guy on the Reaktor board did just this, and the shirts were really crappy quality for the price. It was so disappointing. This was after NI discontinued their swag. :cry:
Performer user since--HOLY CR*P--1986? YIKES!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Phil O wrote:Hey James. How about a UnicorNation T-shirt?

Phil
We did some years ago and gave them out at the NAMM dinner one year. We might do it again. I've considered revamping the board at some point and even perhaps changing the name to something without the unicorn reference since MOTU is hot and bothered to put that behind them.

For example:

http://www.motuvation.com

http://www.motuvated.com
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Mr. Quimper

Post by Mr. Quimper »

wheever wrote:A guy on the Reaktor board did just this, and the shirts were really crappy quality for the price. It was so disappointing. This was after NI discontinued their swag. :cry:
Do you mean the user made a crappy design, or CafePress shirts are produced poorly in general?

We've got at least two graphic designers on these boards, so if you meant the former, it shouldn't be a problem here. :D
2.5Ghz Quad-Core/20GB DDR3/10.11.6/DP 9.5
wheever

Post by wheever »

The graphics were fine, it was the quality of the shirts that was crappy. Cheap, thin, poorly sewn. I was sad about it.

And they were pretty expensive, too.
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
wheever

Post by wheever »

BradLyons wrote:how about www.motunation.com
James! Grab it quick! :D
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

As much as I like clever names, I think motu-users.com might be the most helpful in the long run. That way its communicated in the name that the site is user-run.

I think it's better than motunafishbutyoucanttuneapiano.com.

That's right. I made an REO reference.
Last edited by chrispick on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Fine... well I've got both of those bases covered now. Honestly, I'm sort of fond on the more imaginative names. Let Logic Users Group, call themselves something that looks like a sequencer created in Germany. I like the idea of the right-brained nature of "UnicorNation" as being a bit more creative.

I actually discussed a potential name change of this site with a unnamed person at MOTU who was for something more left-brained like MOTU User Group, until I made the argument that MOTU is sort of the Apple... the "Think different" if you will, of the Sequencer world and has a tradition of being more creative and less corporate... at least in terms of branding, etc. This person actually said they never thought of it that way, before, and came around to seriously considering that point of view as well.

In the end, I may just put it up to a vote and start an advisory poll just to get a feel from members here. Also, FYI, www.motu-mac.com will get you here too. I'll alias the other domain names here as well, until I find the time to handle this which may not happen until after Winter NAMM.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rcannonp

Post by rcannonp »

James Steele wrote: I actually discussed a potential name change of this site with a unnamed person at MOTU who was for something more left-brained like MOTU User Group, until I made the argument that MOTU is sort of the Apple... the "Think different" if you will, of the Sequencer world and has a tradition of being more creative and less corporate... at least in terms of branding, etc. This person actually said they never thought of it that way, before, and came around to seriously considering that point of view as well.
How long has this guy been around? MOTU is the company that not too long ago had tech support haikus on their website. I miss that sort of stuff.

I understand MOTU wanting to get away from the D&D vibe of the unicorn thing, but MOTU User Group is the height of unimaginative dullness.
15" MBP - 2.4 GHz, OS 10.4.11 :: DP 5.13, Reason 4, Live 6.0.7 :: MOTU 896 :: Korg MicroKontrol, Casio CDP-100
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

James Steele wrote:Fine... well I've got both of those bases covered now. Honestly, I'm sort of fond on the more imaginative names. Let Logic Users Group, call themselves something that looks like a sequencer created in Germany. I like the idea of the right-brained nature of "UnicorNation" as being a bit more creative.
Well, I don't exactly practice what I preach (see web link below).:D

I am planning on backing that name off from the public soon (keeping it as an LLC holding company for a few enterprises, if you will) and introducing a more "on-the-nose" DBA name for my custom music services.

Anyway, I'd read in a marketing book that Newsweek is a better title than Time because it left no doubt regarding its contents.

In any case, your site, your call. As always, good sir.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

rcannonp wrote: MOTU is the company that not too long ago had tech support haikus on their website. I miss that sort of stuff.
Me too. I got a kick out of those cheesy haikus.
rcannonp

Post by rcannonp »

I wonder if there is a tech support haiku archive somewhere. We should print some of them on T-shirts.
15" MBP - 2.4 GHz, OS 10.4.11 :: DP 5.13, Reason 4, Live 6.0.7 :: MOTU 896 :: Korg MicroKontrol, Casio CDP-100