Blockchain tech as the ulitimate in copyright?

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Blockchain tech as the ulitimate in copyright?

Post by mikehalloran »

BKK-OZ wrote:Article here.

Is Blockchain-Powered Copyright Protection Possible?

There is no question that the blockchain is an ideal place to store claims to authorship without a central authority to censor, take down or potentially tamper with original work. Whether it can prevent copyright infringement is another question.
If it can't prevent infringement, what's the point? If someone cracks that nut, it may go beyond the evangelist stage. Otherwise, it's just another brilliant idea in a sea of brilliant ideas.

I really do get that you don't see the issue as I do. Any new scheme has to actually protect Copyright. I see nothing in Blockchain that does. I'm not alone.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Blockchain tech as the ulitimate in copyright?

Post by mikehalloran »

Before this happened, there was about Blockchain for the US and Europe to take seriously. It may be a baby step but still...

ASCAP, SACEM, and PRS for Music Initiate Joint Blockchain Project to Improve Data Accuracy for Rightsholders
http://www.marketwired.com/press-releas ... 208481.htm
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro