Great legal resource for indie musicians

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
JordanGuitar78
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Great legal resource for indie musicians

Post by JordanGuitar78 »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but I want to tell you guys about a great new service called Indie Artist Resource that provides affordable contracts and legal services for indie musicians. I think it's something that can be really helpful for all of us doing things ourselves on a budget. The site lets you download contract forms drafted specifically for indie musicians, register copyrights, trademarks for your band name, and songs with performance rights organizations, and also has the opportunity to schedule consultations with a real music lawyer.

Indie Artist Resource is currently only available for residents of California, but I wanted to let you know about it in case anyone could benefit from what Indie Artist Resource offers. It’s definitely better to have some legal protections in place so you don’t get screwed!

I hope this information was helpful!

Oops, I almost forgot to include the website -- it's http://www.indieartistresource.com.

-Jordan