Advice on remote, social media production

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
glamacchia
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Advice on remote, social media production

Post by glamacchia »

Here is what I want to do to get one more notch under my belt. Any thoughts on where or how to approach this - I'm all ears.

I want to produce a band from afar via email, web, social media chat, email, FTP of tracks, ideas , mixes overdubs etc

I know this is nothing new. I have done portions of this for others for larger projects, films, advertising, interviews for the BBC with professors at Yale University in the states, a local high school band . . .

http://pearmainstudio.com/Images/Audio% ... ordih.html

. . . but even the most detailed planned out plan of attack on paper will still yield unforeseen learning curves and knowledge acquired. Luckily what I lack in marketing ability I make up for in engineering and production ability so I figured I would start by posting on this forum and perhaps get some ideas.

Be Well
Sir Guy
Commadore 64, Sony MXP3036, DEC PDP11's, 1961 Rupert Neve tube / Valve based (@)(@) Console, Telefunken U47, Urei, Studer, MCI and Harris TAPE . . . and 2 turntables(.Y.) and a microphone
glamacchia
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Advice on remote, social media production

Post by glamacchia »

BTW - No I am not whoring out for work on here - This is something I want to do pro bono, for free, no charge just to garner the learning experience of doing the production from start to finish with a new, possibly hip sound; find the band, discuss, talk, rehearse, recording the rehearsals,edit, talk, tack . . .
Commadore 64, Sony MXP3036, DEC PDP11's, 1961 Rupert Neve tube / Valve based (@)(@) Console, Telefunken U47, Urei, Studer, MCI and Harris TAPE . . . and 2 turntables(.Y.) and a microphone