For those of you in LA who knew Rich Holmes CPA, Burbank

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

For those of you in LA who knew Rich Holmes CPA, Burbank

Post by Timeline »

Rich was CPA of the music industry top musicians and artists plus many producers, engineers and musicians. He worked for Warner Records in the '70s and we became familiar with his non aggressive style of working things out for recording studios and others especially in tax matters. As a studio owner in the '70s he called me to collect taxes for Warners when the laws were ambiguous in which I had saved just in case. Many studios didn't. He worked them all out favorably and kept everyone going with payback plans and reductions. I know when he became a private CPA all of the studios and music folks flocked to him as I did for our taxes.

Two weeks ago he died of Leukemia after complications from bone marrow transplant surgery which developed into infections. All of us he helped who knew him were stunned and just recently found this out. So... We wish him well on his spiritual journey and hope this of you in the same boat as me find suitable replacements. He has a facebook page.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2