Travel grant for touring

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Travel grant for touring

Post by Prime Mover »

Interesing thought. I play in a progressive contra dance band, and we're starting to make a name here in Alaska after touring around. We've also gotten some comments from a few other touring contra bands in New England about setting up a tour down in the states, especially since we have a new album just about to come out. We were thinking of playing dances along with holding workshops, clinics as well as straight performances. I'm thinking it might just be the sort of thing that an arts grant foundation might be interested in. I've got some Alaskan-based grant foundations that I'm familiar with, and have written grants to before, but I was wondering if people knew of some other grant foundations that I should look into.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy