PUMP Audio

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Gaston18
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: PUMP Audio

Post by Gaston18 »

hi, i have a question which i am asking in my this post kinda share your views about it to me. Does anyone on here use Pump Audio?
I was leary at first to submit anything because of how picky they say they are and supposedly it takes up to 40 days to get an answer.

So I gave in and 1 day later I got the green light email.
Only thing is now I need to mail them a cd and just not sure if the green light was something that is really that difficult to get to begin with.

It just seemed like I got an answer back a little too quickly and just not sure how legit the site is. If anyone is actually using it I would really appreciate any advice and/or what their experience has been like.
Thanks,
Ganapoes
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Ganapoes »

'll give a check into Pump Auido again see if what happens. If no luck I'll try elsewhere.
john presley
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by john presley »

The first time I submitted music several years ago I didn't get a green light, then then next year I did. Like any library, it depends on a lot of factors...quality of production is probably #1 factor though.

Pump Audio moves slow, it will take months to get the music out to potential clients, then maybe a year to get some placements. They pay out royalties twice a year and this is when you learn about your placements. Pump is a very legit company, but many don't like it because they take a larger percentage of the $$ than other companies. Pump is owned now by Getty Images, so I think they're just applying a corporate mentality to the music placement business.
AllanKane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: PUMP Audio Comment

Post by AllanKane »

PUMP audio takes your original work and sells it. And we allow it. Amazing.
What ever they can do so can you. They really have made it so easy for producers to get their music while making it all most impossible for composers to be successful because of this competition.