MX4 Patches

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

polyslax
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4 Patches

Post by polyslax »

Finally getting around to putting up some patches on my site. If you're interested, I've got:

Minimonsta - 8 fully loaded meta patches, i.e. 96 patches.
AAS String Studio - 54 patches.
MOTU MX4 - 51 patches.

I'm not a pro sound designer and normally just make patches for my own music. I'm definitely not trying to create emulations of anything. I like my patches on the unique side, sometimes strange, noisy oddball sounds... depends on the synth of course too.

Anyhow, hope you find something that works for you:

ZooZither Patches

More synths to follow...
manumontevideo

Post by manumontevideo »

Thank you veru much but could you tell me how can import this?.

Now I begin to "play" with my MX4 it's my favourite next to Clavia NR3 :roll:
mess
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mess »

In the File pane there is an import bank button. Click it, then navigate to the location the patch file is saved to.
manumontevideo

Post by manumontevideo »

Thaaaank you very much mess :D

Thanks polyslax

Saludetes.
scooter

Post by scooter »

Very cool. Thanks. Maybe (just an idea) add a PAYPAL donation button to your site.

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
mcevilley

Post by mcevilley »

I just bought MX4 and I really love it. I tried the demo, and after one day, called sweetwater and ordered it. I'm looking forward to checking out your patches.

Are you aware of any other places where one can buy or download patches for the MX4? I feel like there are a few holes in the MX4 preset library that could easily be filled by a good programmer (which I am not).

Anyway, like I said, I'm lookin forward to checking out yours...
DP 9.52, Max OS 10.11, Mac Pro (early 2008), 2x2.8 dual quad core.
polyslax

Post by polyslax »

scooter wrote:Very cool. Thanks. Maybe (just an idea) add a PAYPAL donation button to your site.

scooter
Thanks!, and damn good idea, I've done it!

Also put up another 61 patches for MX4. Enjoy!
polyslax

Post by polyslax »

mcevilley wrote:I just bought MX4 and I really love it. I tried the demo, and after one day, called sweetwater and ordered it. I'm looking forward to checking out your patches.

Are you aware of any other places where one can buy or download patches for the MX4? I feel like there are a few holes in the MX4 preset library that could easily be filled by a good programmer (which I am not).

Thanks, hope you like 'em!

Just put up another bank of 61 patches for MX4, feel free to grab those as well.
mcevilley

Post by mcevilley »

polyslax wrote:
mcevilley wrote:I just bought MX4 and I really love it. I tried the demo, and after one day, called sweetwater and ordered it. I'm looking forward to checking out your patches.

Thanks, hope you like 'em!

Just put up another bank of 61 patches for MX4, feel free to grab those as well.
I definitely will! I was checking out your patches yesterday--very nice. They sound really professional. I'm working on a few myself that I will post as soon as I have a small collection. Thanks again.
DP 9.52, Max OS 10.11, Mac Pro (early 2008), 2x2.8 dual quad core.
Simian

Re: MX4 Patches

Post by Simian »

Thank you. the Mx4 patches are really awesome, and so are you!
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

where did you find the patches now? the link at the top is dead?
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

dewdman42 wrote:where did you find the patches now? the link at the top is dead?
I'm looking for some too. (mx4 patches.) can't find any motu presets, other than one default moving pad. Erik Norlander's are great btw! Just looking for others, some gentler ones maybe.

EDIT - I found the 'factories' on my Tower computer; they'd just not been installed on the Laptop. So i exported them/imported them. Problem solved.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
mikebeckmotu

Post by mikebeckmotu »

I just sent him an email asking if he might post them on his site again, or if he would mind them being shared. I'll post back if I get an answer. There were some good sounds in those patches (as well as the ones he did for other synths).
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

mikebeckmotu wrote:I just sent him an email asking if he might post them on his site again, or if he would mind them being shared. I'll post back if I get an answer. There were some good sounds in those patches (as well as the ones he did for other synths).
most excellent. thanks mike!
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
billf

Post by billf »

mikebeckmotu wrote:I just sent him an email asking if he might post them on his site again, or if he would mind them being shared. I'll post back if I get an answer. There were some good sounds in those patches (as well as the ones he did for other synths).
Thanks for doing that.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1