MX4 Patch Location

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4 Patch Location

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hey folks....
I'll be darned if I can find info as to where (on my HD) that MX4 banks and patches are saved.

Please let me know if you have the answer. Thanks.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
bkshepard

Re: MX4 Patch Location

Post by bkshepard »

Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/MOTU/MX4/ and you'll see a file called MX4 Data.bundle. Right-click on the file and choose Show Package Contents. You'll see two folders called MX4.patches and Wavetables.
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks, Brian! Very cool. Now can you tell me where do imported banks and patches go? I'm trying to figure out where these are saved on my HD.

Thanks again.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Rick Cornish wrote:Thanks, Brian! Very cool. Now can you tell me where do imported banks and patches go? I'm trying to figure out where these are saved on my HD.
I can find the imported Bank Names in User>Library>Preferences>MX4.patches>banknames.mxl, but can't figure out how to read individual patch names.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks, cuttime.

Found them where you described. I just wanted to be sure banks were actually being imported.

Many thanks.
Rick Cornish