On Velocity in the Source section

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

On Velocity in the Source section

Post by Tomas E »

I'm learning how to create a preset. At page 17, section 38 to 41 you're supposed to control the filter envelope with On Velocity. I can't distinguish any difference when striking my MIDI controller key with varying strength. Any suggestions?
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: On Velocity in the Source section

Post by FMiguelez »

I´m not really clear about what your issue is...

Is it that, no matter how hard you strike the keys, they all come out with the same velocity in DP? If so, maybe your controller is not velocity sensitive. Or perhaps you must reset its action? Lots of keyboards have pre-made presets with different variations of keyboard action.

Or is it that your filter envelope is not responding to the different velocities? If so, then the problem must be with he way you're assigning that parameter to the velocity. We need more details...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: On Velocity in the Source section

Post by Tomas E »

FMiguelez wrote:I´m not really clear about what your issue is...

Is it that, no matter how hard you strike the keys, they all come out with the same velocity in DP?

Or is it that your filter envelope is not responding to the different velocities? If so, then the problem must be with he way you're assigning that parameter to the velocity. We need more details...
It's working now. There was something with option-dragging that didn't work before.