MX4 v2.1 in Logic Pro 7.2.3 WOES!!! (It's Fixed, kinda?)

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

fungk1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MX4 v2.1 in Logic Pro 7.2.3 WOES!!! (It's Fixed, kinda?)

Post by fungk1 »

Hello! Is anyone else here using Logic Pro 7.2.3 and MX4 v2.1 and having this problem. When I save the session, and re-open it, the MX4 doesn't save any of the settings, and defaults back to the initial patch. (For every instance of MX4.) This is Very, Very, Frustrating!!!
I've emailed MOTU Support and received no response as of yet, for this or my MachFive AU Validation Failure problem.

Background: I'm using a Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz w/4GB of RAM, running Mac OS X 10.4.8, Logic 7.2.3, and MX4 v2.1.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm just checking to see if I'm the only one having this issue???

Sincerely,

Basil :?:
Last edited by fungk1 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fungk1

Post by fungk1 »

I finally heard back from Tech Support and they helped me fix my problem. However, I had re-load MX4 version 2.0. Thanks!

Peace & Music!

fungk1
fellersmtc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4 2.1 and Logic Audio 7.2

Post by fellersmtc »

Here it is March 20, 2007, and still no word on when MOTU might fix this problem!!!
fungk1

It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Post by fungk1 »

It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Peace & Music!

Basil
dougieb

Re: It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Post by dougieb »

fungk1 wrote:It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Peace & Music!

Basil
How did you get the Mach5 Validator Problem Fixed?
fungk1

Well, the AU Validation is not "Fixed", but it wor

Post by fungk1 »

Hey Dougieb!

I did some research on the MOTU site and found the the AU validation crash is a "Known Issue", but that it should run fine. The only problem is that Mach 5 shows up in my plug-in list (in Logic) under "Incompatible", which is a little disturbing, but it does work. So, I use it and just move one from there. It's not "Fixed", but it does work. Good Luck!

Peace, Love & Music!

FungK1
dougieb

Re: Well, the AU Validation is not "Fixed", but it

Post by dougieb »

fungk1 wrote:Hey Dougieb!

I did some research on the MOTU site and found the the AU validation crash is a "Known Issue", but that it should run fine. The only problem is that Mach 5 shows up in my plug-in list (in Logic) under "Incompatible", which is a little disturbing, but it does work. So, I use it and just move one from there. It's not "Fixed", but it does work. Good Luck!

Peace, Love & Music!

FungK1
Thanks bro! - Much appreciated. I kind of figured that since I'd had no problems with it. I guess it doesn't bother MOTU - of course, neither does no MACH V intel compatibility (LOL)
fungk1

Post by fungk1 »

Yeah, I guess they don't much care about those "known issues". Oh well, ... it's a cryin' shame! (LOL)

Peace & Music!

Basil
sermax

mx4

Post by sermax »

Hi,I have the same problem also in Logic 8(I still have the 7 version).So you fixed it downgrading to the 2.0 version?
Thank you
Bye
fungk1

Post by fungk1 »

Hi sermax!

I actually just upgraded to Logic Pro 8 also, but a couple of weeks prior to that, I upgraded to MachFive 2, which works great!!! It's totally worth the upgrade price. (Although, it didn't cost me anything to upgrade because I qualified for the "Free Upgrade" requirements. I would have still paid for the upgrade either way.) It's stable, sounds great, is easy to navigate, and it Validates properly!!! Also, i can use my GigaStudio library with it! I would highly recommend upgrading if you haven't already!

Peace, Love & Music!

Fungk1
emulatorloo

Re: It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Post by emulatorloo »

fungk1 wrote:It's been fixed!!! Thanks!

Peace & Music!

Basil
Can you do me a HUGE FAVOR and update the thread title??????

Just edit it to say fixed.
fokof

Post by fokof »

are you saying that you need to reinstall 2.0 for MX4 to remember it's patches ?
sermax

MX4

Post by sermax »

Yes...I reinstalled the 2.0 version of MX4 and it seems to work fine.
But I noticed one more thing in Logic 8:when I turn the l and r delay knobs(and the delay is set to sync mode),the Mx4 display doesn't show the values(1/4,1/8...and so on)
Did anyone noticed that?
Thanks and bye :D
fungk1

Post by fungk1 »

Hi emulatorloo!

How do you edit the "Subject Title"? I'm sorry, I'm not that Hip "Forum-wise". Thanks!

Sincerely,

Fungk1
fungk1

Post by fungk1 »

Hi Sermax!

Sorry, I forgot which pluggin we were talking about. Yean, I'm now running Logic Pro 8 & experiencing the same issue as you. When the delay is sync'd on the MX4, and you turn the L or R delay knobs, there is no indication as to what beat division you are adjusting to. It doesn't change anything in the information display. Huh? Oh well?!? Maybe they'll address this, or maybe we'll just have to wait for MX5 to come out?
Have a Great Day!

Peace, Love & Music!

Fungk1