HELP!! Performer (not Digital) 5.02 files

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
beautyfish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

HELP!! Performer (not Digital) 5.02 files

Post by beautyfish »

All -

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a crazy issue. I scored some episodes of "The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss" for Nickelodeon in Performer 5 (I'm a Logic guy, but this gig required Performer) back in the 90's.

I've been teaching college for a while, and would like to share my original MIDI sequencing with some students. I haven't had Performer since then, and have no way to open the files. I realize that this is an unlikely ask, but I still keep an original iMac and Logic 7 so I can open up my old stuff from that era. Given that, maybe someone in the MOTU community does the same thing or knows someone who does.

Does anyone have the ability to open up perhaps a handful of those files and transfer to a current version of Pro Tools, Logic, or a GM file? Anything would be a help, and I'm willing to pay for your time and trouble. Please hit me back if you can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: HELP!! Performer (not Digital) 5.02 files

Post by buzzsmith »

A thought...You could download the free 30 day demo of DP. It should open those older files and then you could save as a normal MIDI file and open with any DAW.

Most likely, you'd have to reassign instruments and perhaps change some drum note assignments.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)