Problem importing AAF, can DP read mxf audio?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Problem importing AAF, can DP read mxf audio?

Post by stubbsonic »

I just got a one-off audio for video gig, and the producer sent me several AAF files in a folder with other items.

I imported to DP, and it puts things in the tracks, but nothing can play (all greyed out). The SoundBites window shows that the audio tracks are in the mxf format-- which I've never heard of before tonight.

The producer also mentioned some speed changes (for the voice over) --which I don't know if DP could produce from an AAF.

I'll request a different format, but wondered if anyone had any tips for making this work?

thx.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Re: Problem importing AAF, can DP read mxf audio?

Post by mikehalloran »

You have a Pro Tools file. DP is supposed to be able to import these. There are a number of old threads on this. Best to start by searching those and reading the manual.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=54227
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Re: Problem importing AAF, can DP read mxf audio?

Post by stubbsonic »

Another attempt was made with the .mxf audio (which is supposedly a container for AIF)-- apparently this has worked for other DP users from way back.

Later the project supervisor sent an AAF but with the media set in an OMF format (as aif), and that loaded fine.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com