OMF Import issue. Help fast please!!!

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
sladezw
Primary DAW OS: Windows

OMF Import issue. Help fast please!!!

Post by sladezw »

I have a test project that I'm doing for a potential job. I'm using DP 8.06 x64, in Windows 10. Everything works fine in DP, except for trying to import these OMF files. I've tried 3 different files, and I get the same problem everytime. Where there should be waveforms, there are these fairly narrow grey bands, and no playback whatsoever. I can get audio from the video directly, but nothing from the tracks. Also, I noticed that the sample rate was 44.1 when I imported the project, but was colored pink, when I switched it to 44.8, it went to grey. How I remember, the sample rate thing problem means that session rate doesn't match project rate. I've been in ProTools for awhile now, but don't have my rig with me, so I went back to DP. I'm a little out of practice with the DP, but not that much. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wonky with the OMF? I've been in forums and on Youtube all afternoon, and nothing addresses this issue directly. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :banghead:
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: OMF Import issue. Help fast please!!!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Try using AAF instead.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
blueslash
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by blueslash »

It works for me out of Premier if I don't embed the audio when exporting.

After importing the OMF drag the audio files from the OMF created folder to the DP Audio Files folder and DP should find them.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I recently needed to import a pro-tools project but OMF produced audio files in the ".mxf" format, so DP just ignored the audio.

I had to go back to the producer and ask him to resend the OMF with a different audio format.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I last be it. One post tagged Help fast. Yet after three responses the reply from the o/p is non-existent.

YOU'RE WELCOME! CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

:roll:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS