audio tracks synced to picture when Setting Chunk Start Time

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

audio tracks synced to picture when Setting Chunk Start Time

Post by hamburski »

So I've got this three-minute video and the v/o and sfx are provided as separate stems. I'm wanting to reset the chunk start time so I can work on a cue in the middle of the video. Is there a way to keep audio locked to picture when I do so? Right now, when I reset the start time, the audio stays where it is, and I don't want to re-sync three stems manually to picture...
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: audio tracks synced to picture when Setting Chunk Start

Post by frankf »

Make a Time Line Selection of the cue, include all tracks including conductor track then use Copy Selection to new sequence command. The new sequence will have the correct start time and the movie start does not change.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Thanks, Frank, those were a couple of new moves to me and got me most of the way there. The thing I'm still trying to sort out is: I'm of course using different tempos for different cues, and so even once I relocate a given section of picture to a new location, I still don't necessarily have my downbeat exactly where I want it. With picture and audio bound together, I would just do Set Chunk Start Time to get downbeat right on my starting frame, but having the audio stemmed out like this is the problem. Is there a way you'd suggest doing the initial Timeline Selection to solve this snag?
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by frankf »

When I spot the cues in the spotting sequence, I use locked markers and the tempo doesn't matter. I set the tempo for each cue, and time signature, after I break it out to its own sequence using the method I described.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB