Transfer files from PremierPro CC to DP 8.7

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Morris Engler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transfer files from PremierPro CC to DP 8.7

Post by Morris Engler »

Hello,

Long time Motu User (Version 1 Performer and Composer). As the subject said I am trying to get Premier Pro files into DP. I have tried all kinds of combinations of formats in Premier Pro. DP askes for OMF/AFF files. I' ve tried that and I can get DP to read an h.2xx something file but the audio is embeded in the movie. I read somewhere that Audition will straighten out the files to make them work and separate the tracks in DP, but haven't tried that yet. Anybody have a sure fire way to get PP CC files into DP8? Thanks all for your help!

Morry E.
djwizprod
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Transfer files from PremierPro CC to DP 8.7

Post by djwizprod »

Have had the same issue here with DP 8 and now in DP 9. AAFs from Premiere open, but no track info or audio files in tracks. Still resorting to importing in Pro Tools 9, then exporting as an AAF with audio files in a folder, not embedded. Then it opens flawlessly in DP. Can't wait for a solution in DP.
MacPro8core28GB~OS108.5~DP9.1
PT10~MACH5~Symphonic~Reason~Symphobia~NIKOMPLETE~StormDrum2+3~EWSilver
MiniCore2duo2GB~VirtualVTR~TASCAMDM4800surround~2408MkIII~WAVESBroadcast/Surround360/NPP/VoxRider/GEQ/L316~UAD2DuoPCIe+Satellite~1176/LA2A/PulteqPro/Fairchild/SSLBuss/Lexicon224/Dreamverb
IzotopeRX5/Ozone7/StutterEdit
UA6176~U87~TLM103~AKG414~MKH416~MKH50~DPA4011Apair/COS11D~QuickTime7Pro/FinalCutProX/MackieHR824/624/HRS120~TelosZephyrXstreamISDN~SourceConnectPro
http://www.ozonesound.com