Introducing EXHALE - Modern Vocal Engine

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Output
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Introducing EXHALE - Modern Vocal Engine

Post by Output »

EXHALE is a playable vocal engine built for producers, composers, artists and sound designers.
It's the First Truly Modern Vocal Engine.

We spent thousands of hours and worked with top producers and engineers to sample vocalists and full choirs. Then we spent 6 months with Sound Designers manipulating the raw performances with vintage gear, analog gear, vocoders, tape machines, and anything else we could get to mess it up in a good way.

Exhale's Ground Breaking Engine features Tempo syncing fx, stutters, delays, pads, loops, saturation, macros, motion, flux and more.

- 500 Unique Presets
- 3 modes: Notes, Loops & Slices
- 10 GB raw material
- Custom FX Presets
- Custom Macros Per Preset
- NKS Support
- Snapshots for Maschine
- Macro Editing
- Main and Engine Pages
- Automatable Insert and Mod FX

http://output.com/
bayswater

Re: Introducing EXHALE - Modern Vocal Engine

Post by bayswater »

So it turns out there really is a product. This video at SOS consists of of guys saying "wow" to 80s synth vocals. http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=18916
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

It does sound good a lot more syn than vocal but if you can't import your own vocal samples I wouldn't have much use for it.
makes me feel old though I still use microphones,guitars,sticks and skins and stuff.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
billf

Post by billf »

wylie1 wrote:It does sound good a lot more syn than vocal but if you can't import your own vocal samples I wouldn't have much use for it.
+1

It would be interesting if it handled custom samples.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1