V3HD support in DP?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Saintmatthew
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

V3HD support in DP?

Post by Saintmatthew »

I know DP 8 and 9 support video output the V4HD but will it do so with the V3HD?
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
mikehalloran

Re: V3HD support in DP?

Post by mikehalloran »

You really want to ask MOTU directly about that one. I have no idea how old this notice is:

V3HD Upgrade Program
If you own a V3HD and you have registered your V3HD at motu.com, for a limited time you may exchange your V3HD for a V4HD directly with MOTU at no charge. Please contact MOTU customer service.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

mikehalloran wrote:You really want to ask MOTU directly about that one. I have no idea how old this notice is:

V3HD Upgrade Program
If you own a V3HD and you have registered your V3HD at motu.com, for a limited time you may exchange your V3HD for a V4HD directly with MOTU at no charge. Please contact MOTU customer service.
Yeah, I figured that limited time was way past since they don't even advertise the V4HD on their site anymore, let alone the V3. I did send Dave an email with the same question though. I figured i see if anyone here knew either and would respond quicker though.
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
Kurt Cowling

Post by Kurt Cowling »

I find MOTUs support of its video hardware to be severely lacking. I have an HDX-SDI that is still sold as a current unit, yet doesn't function at all with OSX 10.10. I have no indication that new drivers will ever come. I'm a MOTU fan, but that unit is perhaps the worst hardware purchase I ever made.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.