Resyncing cues/chunks to film revisions

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Resyncing cues/chunks to film revisions

Post by kdm »

How do you go about resyncing cues to film edits? In Nuendo, we can have more than one video track, so visual resync, time code comparisons etc aren't too much of a hassle.

I haven't yet figured out a good way to resync cues in DP though. I tried resetting a chunk start time, but as it was earlier than the original, DP wouldn't reset it. I also tried setting the new film cut as the reference movie, but just got a blank screen on playback (i.e. I think DP was confused by the differing video linking within a chunk - it was fine if imported into a project starting at the top of the file).

In one instance, I ended up using the cue start-variation I determined with the existing cue vs. a hitpoint, creating a new chunk with an earlier start time, then just copying and pasting the previous sequence from the original chunk. It worked perfectly (really liking how easy it is to move cues around in DP).

Any ideas appreciated as I haven't found this topic anywhere as of yet (still searching)! Thanks!