Final Cut Pro X XML into DP 9.01???

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Final Cut Pro X XML into DP 9.01???

Post by James Steele »

Can it be done, or do I need to buy Logic and use it as an intermediary step? I have a video I'm editing and a friend suggested that rather than use FCPX's audio tools, I could just import it into a DAW and finesse the audio, use 3rd party noise reduction tools on the dialog, etc. then bounce it and bring it back into FCPX when all is said and done. Sounds great. I can't figure out though how to get the audio portion of the project from FCPX into DP9. Any advice???
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Final Cut Pro X XML into DP 9.01???

Post by James Steele »

Looks like this was discussed here:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=57817

Be nice if this could be resolved.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Final Cut Pro X XML into DP 9.01???

Post by James Steele »

Got a email from a friend who suggested this:
The easiest way is make sure your audio dialog is assigned the role label: dialogue (which is pretty much default). Select “Share” and select “Master File”. When the dialog window opens, select the Settings tab and then under the format pull down select “Audio Only”, select your favorite format but the key is to select the “Roles As” pull down and select “Audio Only as Separate Files”. That will display all the roles labeled in the project (edit). Select your desired channel config and hit next.. (You don’t have to print all of the role-labeled tracks, you can remove the ones you don’t want with the ‘-“ button).
It will output the audio locked to the cut. You can then take it into DP and work with it there.
There's also an app called Project Xto7 that will convert a Final Cut Pro X XML file an older Final Cut Pro 7 XML file, which can then be loaded into DP:

https://s29039.gridserver.com/Intellige ... /catalog/2

It's $49.99. I have not tried it yet.