Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Pulse En

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Output
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Pulse En

Post by Output »

Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Pulse Engine

http://output.com/products/signal/

Output, Inc., innovative music software developer for producers, composers and musicians, is proud to announce the release of the world’s most powerful pulse engine, SIGNAL. SIGNAL is a revolutionary software instrument focused on generating pulses, combining the warmth of fat analog and digital synths with beauty of organic instruments.

Inspired by the realization that nearly all music is centered on a pulse, Output gathered a team of 70 designers and developers to build an instrument that pushes beyond conventional limits of synths and samples.

The new instrument features a massive 40GB library of multi-dynamic and round robin samples recorded in Los Angeles and London. Where SIGNAL sets itself apart, is how it allows for the combination of these synths and instruments across multiple layers and rhythms Using the underlying step sequencers, arpeggiators, LFO’s and SIGNAL’s proprietary tape LOOPER, one can create a sound not yet heard previously.

Though SIGNAL is a hefty engine, it’s interface was designed to be friendly for those who want to start up and play immediately. Those looking to dive into effects, mods and sound design, will find the Advanced section with all the depth one would want.

"After a year and a half of hard work, we are beyond thrilled to bring this powerful and inspiring instrument to music makers.”, says Output Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman. “This is a big milestone in our young but growing company and we’re excited to hear the music that people create.”

SIGNAL is available today at outputsounds.com as well as authorized Output resellers worldwide. Output’s first product, REV, received critical acclaim and became one of the most successful Native Instrument Kontakt instruments of 2014.

Price: $199

Features:

· 500 Pulse Instruments for instant playability

· A massive array of content – 40GB including analog synths, digital synths and organic instruments

· Up to 4 separate pulses at one time

· All pulses lock to tempo

· Rhythms: Looper, Step Sequencers, Arpeggiators, LFO’s

· 4 central MACRO sliders unique to each of the 500 Pulse Instruments

· Effects control globally and per layer

· Convolution reverb engine

· Advanced mode for access to all parameters

· Copy and paste settings between layers

· Smart tagging preset menu

· Simple design and ease of use

About Output, Inc.

Output is a new music company that develops innovative software instruments for musicians, composers, producers and sound designers. The focus is simple - enable music makers to BE CREATIVE.
Last edited by Output on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Puls

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Very nice! Nice video as well.

Must resist... (briefly...)

Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

All pulses lock to tempo
I think that's to be expected of any instrument that is called Pulse.

It is a nice demo. I have no idea how I'd use it but I can see that this could be quite useful for some.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Do I want this or a drone to play with? This!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

But Mommmm, all the other action films will be scored with this! I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, neeeeeeeedd it!!!!!!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I thought this was a post about SETI. I guess some intelligent life was found. I'd wait for Reaktor to go on sale for 50% off.
Last edited by cuttime on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

...and the LHC goes on line yesterday? Coinkydink?
vismus
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by vismus »

Use both Output products, REV and SIGNAL . Both and nice options to the toy box and have already used them in docs.
One issue is running these programs freestanding in a second Mac. They don't like receiving external clock from the master. Work around is to set Output/Kontakt tempo to the master tempo and triggering from the master/ DP sequencer via MIDI. If you run the programs internally as pluggins, they work just fine.
tommie
Clevelandrawks

Post by Clevelandrawks »

SIGNAL rawks. I got onto this VI from researching sound design tools for post audio/film And once I tried it, I was sold. Plus they have developers that are continuously coming up with new pulses to load into the data files. Nice plug for sure.
MAC pro quad-core, 32GB memory, OS X 10.11.3, DP 9.01, Protools 11.3, Logic Pro X, REAPER, RX5, Altiverb-7, Speakerphone 2 and WAVElab 8. 10TB of raid, plugs, plugs and more plugs.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

It's claimed that this is a "revolutionary software instrument".

Please help me to understand what this can do that can't be achieved with Omnishpere 2.

I get the layers thing, but doesn't 'Sphere have 'em too, and if not, can't one place presets in a multi on duplicate channels?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Clevelandrawks

Post by Clevelandrawks »

I had received an email to purchase SIGNAL before the release date for $199. The upgrade price for me to go from Omnisphere 1 to O2 is $249. So for now I went with just the SIGNAL. O2 very well can accomplish the same sort of patches, sounds and "pulses". Which I will research prior to the upgrade. And O1 is a great piece of VI and I load it every time in my template for score and SD. Saving my VI pennies, I will most likely do the upgrade to O2 soon. But for now SIGNAL does a great job.
Please help me to understand what this can do that can't be achieved with Omnishpere 2.

I get the layers thing, but doesn't 'Sphere have 'em too, and if not, can't one place presets in a multi on duplicate channels?
Your point is well taken however.
MAC pro quad-core, 32GB memory, OS X 10.11.3, DP 9.01, Protools 11.3, Logic Pro X, REAPER, RX5, Altiverb-7, Speakerphone 2 and WAVElab 8. 10TB of raid, plugs, plugs and more plugs.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thank you, ClevelandRawks.

The thing is, O, and now O2 has been on my "first VI" list for many years. If there's a good reason to purchase this instead, then so be it, but it has to be one or the other for me in the interests of budget constraints and simplicity of the system.

Haven't even bought FX plugs yet either, but the same philosophy will be applied - just the bare essentials and only from stable, reputable companies.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Mathematics »

mikehalloran wrote: But Mommmm, all the other action films will be scored with this! I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, neeeeeeeedd it!!!!!!
+1
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Now comes as a 2G free version. I tried it and it's not bad for what it does. You could be the first kid on your block to sound like everyone else:
http://outputsounds.com/products/signal-free/
Clevelandrawks

Post by Clevelandrawks »

You could be the first kid on your block to sound like everyone else:
http://outputsounds.com/products/signal-free/
Very cool. I likes try before i buy.