Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Pulse En

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Output Announces SIGNAL – The World’s Most Powerful Puls

Post by monkey man »

Well, I downloaded all the vids for Signal as well as REV and watched them on my proper media system (as opposed to using the Mac speaker), and this is what I found (Ignore by all means):

1) Sameness across plenty of presets in both VIs. Both the sample content and filters, to me at least, had a "heard one and you've heard 'em all" quality about them.

2) The quality of the samples themselves is nothing special. Sure, they were created in professional studios in LA and, where was it... London? Big deal. All pro libraries are made this way.

3) Just how many reverse presets does one need? I suspect that in most cases 1000+ is overkill, and a VI dedicated to them is even more so.

4) I heard the term, "revolutionary" bandied about hither and thither (I love that expression! LOL), but to be frank, I heard nothing even remotely resembling that description. I wanted to be impressed, I really did. The hype lived up to... the hype of the fancy graphics and descriptions in the videos. A self-justifying loop, if you will.

Now, it's rare for me to come across as a harsh critic, and I'm sorry if anyone's somehow offended by this, but those are some of my honest initial reactions to these products' demos.

I offer this only in case it serves to help someone somehow. Right now, Omnisphere looks even better to me, if that's possible.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:Now, it's rare for me to come across as a harsh critic, and I'm sorry if anyone's somehow offended by this, but those are some of my honest initial reactions to these products' demos.
Thanks for the review. I was going to download the trial and try it out, but I'll save the time.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yikes!

The company's gonna love me, eh?

Seriously 'though, I could only go by the demos, Stoiv. I could easily be wrong...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here