How do you deal with ritard and delay on tracks?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How do you deal with ritard and delay on tracks?

Post by ironchef_marc »

I like using delay and pattern gate to create some nice synth texture. However not really good when you need to do slow down and do ritard as it create some unwanted stutters.

The way I typically deal with this is by freeze any track with delay without tempo changes. It's a bit of a pain in the butt. So just wondering if anyone else use a better method.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
DanielCoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How do you deal with ritard and delay on tracks?

Post by DanielCoe »

Some delay plugins such as Soundtoys Echoboy can be set independently of the session tempo. As such you can set the tempo to that of the track's and change the song tempo without the delay changing, though the taps would not match the song tempo.

Regarding the Pattern Gate I'm not sure offhand if there is a way to set the tempo independently of the track.

That being said the freeze/print method is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
128GB RAM
MOTU 2408 mk3
Mac OS 10.14.6