Vienna Ensemble PRO 5

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
pacificm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Vienna Ensemble PRO 5

Post by pacificm »

Hello,

I'm considering adding Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 to my Mac DP set up. I've been reading about how it assists with the memory burden of running multiple VIs in a DAW.

It seems like it might be of special interest in the Film Scoring area due to multiple instruments often being open at the same time.

I'm wondering if others have attempted using this with DP and what their experience has been.

Please share your experiences and suggestions. Thanks!
1) iMac (2020, 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel i7) OS X 10.15.7, 72 GB RAM
2) iMac Quad Core (Late 2015, 4GHz Intel Core i7) OS X 10.15.7, 32 GB RAM,
3) Mac Pro (Late 2013, 6.5 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon E5) OS X 10.15.7, 64 GB RAM

Software: DP 10.13, FCPX, VSL Chamber Strings, Vienna Suite, Ensemble Pro 5, MIR Pro | Ivory | Stylus RMX, Trillian, Omnisphere 2 | Samplemodeling Trumpet, Flutes & Saxes | EZ Drummer 2 | BFD3 | East West | MOTU UltraLite Mk3
mikehalloran

Re: Vienna Ensemble PRO 5

Post by mikehalloran »

You want to pay attention to this thread.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=59401
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

You'll love it! Even better now that the latest VEPRO5 released a few days ago has a MAS version where you no longer need to use the Event Input as a way around to access more than 16 MIDI channels per instances of VEPRO.

The beauty is you load your template in your satellite computer(s) then loading DP projects is much faster since you only load the MIDI while all your samples are preserved. As well as easing the CPU demand on your host by putting taxing VIs on another computer.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
zuul-studios

Post by zuul-studios »

Last evening, I've re-created an old orchestral templet using the latest version of VEPro 5 and MIR Pro. (I'm using the same instrumental libraries that I've been using for the past several years for another DAW without VEPro 5 and MIR). It's part of a "Master/Slave" computer set-up. With regards to CPU usage and stability, preliminary tests are very encouraging using VEPro 5's MAS version and DP 8. Up until now, I've never been able to make similar set-ups work without chocking my computer. But I have been successful making this basic 54+ instrumental orchestra templet work, minus VEPro & MIR, using just one computer and my other DAW. I'd rather be using DP 8, especially for my modest video scoring projects. So, this is very encouraging.
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.4.1; 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
Aliraza47
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Aliraza47 »

The goal for the SoundWorks Collection is simple; we are dedicated to profiling the greatest and upcoming sound minds from around the world and highlight their contributions.???
ali
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Mathematics »

Oh wow...I just realized that I replied to your old thread about Vienna vs EW. Go and read what I mentioned about VEP5.

Essentially, if you're not using it, you're not serious. Cheers!
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai