Issue with Movie Track

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
batterycage
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Issue with Movie Track

Post by batterycage »

Hello folks, curious if anyone has seen this before?

I'm running into an issue importing a movie file into DP. The system is DP7.24, OS10.6.8, MacbookPro 2012 w/8Gb RAM.

I've got a 720p .mov file using H.264 codec. The file is 20Gb and 45min long, and is video only. When I bring it into the Movie window, it comes in all white, no video frames are shown. The session audio plays fine, but the movie file is just showing white. This is consistent, regardless of what size I use (half, normal, etc). Even if I don't have it going out an output and just showing on the main screen.

Is this a codec issue? Or is the file too large to play? Quicktime on the same machine plays the file without an issue. I'm really confused as to what could be the cause of this. I have a Friday deadline to get all this working, so getting pretty nervous.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear it. Thank you!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Issue with Movie Track

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you have a way to resale the movie in another app such as QuickTime Pro I'd try re-exporting. It sounds like a problem in the movie file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
batterycage

Post by batterycage »

I mean, are there certain settings that DP prefers? I've never had an issue like this before, even when dealing with 1080p high resolution files. I'll certainly try exporting the file again, but if there are some preferred settings that DP wants, I'd be interested in hearing about that.

The manual is pretty unhelpful on this topic, unfortunately.
MIDI Life Crisis

I can open pretty much any format I throw at it but saves as .mov so that is probably the best format. You might also try moving the movie to another drive and trying it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
batterycage

Post by batterycage »

You were right, it turned out to have been some kind of funky render. I ran it through Compressor, and now the file is working great. Thank you so much for your help!!

However, is there no way to do fullscreen video viewing in 7.24? I've been doing it on my other system running 8.07. Wondering if i need to upgrade that machine...very nervous since I need it for a performance on Friday...
MIDI Life Crisis

Sure thing. Now if there was a codec that could improve the quality of the script while exporting the movie, I'd buy that. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS