Working with a new picture edit

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
bscott
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Working with a new picture edit

Post by bscott »

Hi Guys,

I'm working to picture and have just received a new cut, I need to add 11 seconds and 8 frames to the start of my MIDI sequence to keep in sync, is there a preferred way of doing this??

All the best
bscott

Re: Working with a new picture edit

Post by bscott »

I'm on DP 5 - I know I need to update!
frankf

Post by frankf »

Has the time been added before the start of the film? Interior to the film? In one whole chunk of 11 minutes or throughout the film in smaller sections? Does the added time affect any music cues or is it between cues?
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
bscott

Post by bscott »

Hi Frankf,

The time has been added at the very start, (new production company logos) - I can manually move the MIDI and the time signatures, however I was looking if there was a better solution?
all the music starts later 11 seconds and 8 frames.
bscott

Post by bscott »

Oh, and also moving hit markers too.....
frankf

Post by frankf »

You can use the Shift command to move all track data later. If your new section needs to be written to flow into what you already have at 11s8fr, you then need to construct a conductor track with bar and tempo map then write music that will seamlessly get you there. You can use the Find Tempo for locked markers command in the Markers Window mini menu to help. Alternately, you may want to use a second sequence chunk just for the logos depending on your musical choices. In that case you would only change the start time if the original sequence chunk.

To move markers, make sure all are locked and in the Markers Window mini menu choose "Shift Locked Markers". You need to select all markers first.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
bscott

Post by bscott »

Excellent! - Thank you very much Frank

All the very best :D