Import Movie Audio in DP 8.6 not functioning properly

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
koala
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Import Movie Audio in DP 8.6 not functioning properly

Post by koala »

Have had some issues sometimes with importing audio from the movie. It seems random, but the sync is off and I have to drag and try to match up the movie by estimation. Ugh.

Now the imported audio is going directly to the soundbites window and a new track is created in the sequence, but nothing is actually on the audio track. When I go to the soundbites window, the audio starts at color bars, not where I am in the movie.

Is this a preference thing? Suggestions? I have a big film here, can't line things up manually.

Timecode is correct.
koala
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Import Movie Audio in DP 8.6 not functioning properly

Post by koala »

I saw that other users were having issues with this when the conductor track had tempo changes and my sequence has just that. I quit and restarted and still had the same issue, so I created a new sequence (blank) with the same start time and had success importing audio to that. Perhaps this is a bug in DP8? Anyway, this is a real pain, but at least I can get around trying to edit the audio manually by guesstimating.

I'm actually on DP8.7 and OS 10.9.4.