Lock MIDI Tracks on SMPTE

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
lou6
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Lock MIDI Tracks on SMPTE

Post by lou6 »

I can lock MIDI tracks on SMPTE so that if I decide to make my tempo 75 instead of 150 I can and things don't shift. Maybe there's a preference or maybe it just isn't possible. Please help me.
Thank you so much! Have a nice day;) Lou6
FMiguelez

Re: Lock MIDI Tracks on SMPTE

Post by FMiguelez »

Is there a good reason as to why you're using SMPTE if you're working with MIDI?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but perhaps working with Bars/Beats would be an option?
Can you give us more details?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
lou6

Post by lou6 »

Yes I'm in Post Production (feature film) and I have a big problem with some MIDI overdubbing. So... I'm a new DP user. I have very small time. Thanks for collaboration:)
lou6

Post by lou6 »

I recorded a couple of MIDI tracks without metronome.
Now I would like to find the bpm but when I change metronome bpm the region change the duration. Is possible to lock the MIDI region on SMPTE? I'm an ex Logic user. In logic is possible. I don't understand in DP8 this operation because when I play and record, I like to play free and after I find the right metronome time. Thank you so much. Have a nice day:)
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Is this what you mean?

Lock
When a track is unlocked (the default setting), all data in the track stays anchored to its measure location. If you change the tempo of the sequence, the SMPTE frame location of the data will change.

When a track is locked, all data in the track stays anchored to its current SMPTE frame location, even if you change the tempo of the sequence."

From p 114 of the manual.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
lou6

Post by lou6 »

Thanks a lot:) Have a nice day! Lou6