note of interest for Toki TimeCode users...

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
williemyers
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

note of interest for Toki TimeCode users...

Post by williemyers »

this is just a note for any/all of you out there that, as myself, might be using Digital Salade's "TokiTC" (burned-in timecode generator). It appears they're getting out of the software development buizz and are urging all current TokiTC users to download the most current version, as they're pulling all support as of June 1.

geez, I really hate to see this one go.... dollar for dollar, it may be *the* most valuable music/video production software expenditure that I've made in the past 15 years! Having the ability to generate my own BITC at 4:00am - and thereby not facing an argument with a client and/or an editor the following morning over whether or not the QT *should* have been delivered to me with BITC (of course it *should* have....but these days often isn't). Anyway like I said, being able to avoid that argument all because of an incredibly simple little - what was it? $15? - app, was nothing short of brilliant.

So, bye bye Toki TC - - huge thanks for all you've done and you will be missed!!

Having said, if anyone knows of any other (inexpensive) BITC generators for QT's, please share?
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me