Doppler on steroids?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Doppler on steroids?

Post by Julia123 »

I need to smoothly ramp down the pitch on a sound effect over a few measures without affecting the rhythmic pulse, kind of like the doppler effect of a siren going by but going down in pitch much lower. The soundbite doesn't show up well in the pitch editor the way an instrument or vocal does. I'm planning to segment the soundbite and shift each seg. individually down incrementally but I would prefer a smooth ramp. Is there a way to do this with DP? Thanks.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Doppler on steroids?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I doubt the pitch tool could do that but I've never used it so I'm guessing.

MachFive 3 would make easy work of it with the IRCAM stuff.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Julia123

Post by Julia123 »

I just checked out Mach fives promos, that is amazing how well it can alter audio without trashing it!! So it looks like I need something much more specialized to try what I wanted, even expecting less pristine results. That makes sense, thanks.

Side bar, this is the second time in a row my post went up twice, I'm really not trying to do that and it looks like I can't delete it once it goes up. Sorry to the boards for making a mess.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

If Doppler is what you are after, you might want to look @ http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/panorama/
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Julia123

Post by Julia123 »

BKK-OZ wrote:If Doppler is what you are after, you might want to look @ http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/panorama/
OMG is that cool!!! I don't get how they do it even after reading the explanations but it's awesome. As far as that particular part I was thinking how as the sound passes and the waves get longer the pitch seems lower but now this has opened a whole new door.
tremo

Post by tremo »

You could use QuikQuak Pitchwheel to do this and other kinds of pitch/timbre manipulation (e.g., tape stop effect). Hint: use the Smooth control to precisely control the rate of pitch change. Can be used statically as a pitch or timbre-shifter, too.

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_Pitchwheel.html
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.3.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.5 | Logic 10.8
Julia123

Post by Julia123 »

tremo wrote:You could use QuikQuak Pitchwheel to do this and other kinds of pitch/timbre manipulation (e.g., tape stop effect). Hint: use the Smooth control to precisely control the rate of pitch change. Can be used statically as a pitch or timbre-shifter, too.

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_Pitchwheel.html

That seems to be very straight forward for what I was imagining. Thanks!