BBC - Sound of Cinema Season

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
ChrisByrd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BBC - Sound of Cinema Season

Post by ChrisByrd »

The BBC is running a season of TV and radio programs about film music and it looks potentially very interesting, details are at:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01fs3cy

The programs should be available on the BBC iPlayer, but I'm not how accessible this is from outside the UK.
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.9.1, Apogee Duet Firewire, Yamaha S90, Digital Performer 8.0.5, Finale 2012c, Cubase 7, Logic Pro X, NI Komplete 9, HALion 5
bayswater

Re: BBC - Sound of Cinema Season

Post by bayswater »

iPlayer doesn't work for TV shows outside the UK. I wrote to the BBC asking what I could do to get access to it. Got a nice long letter back explaining the geographic restrictions as the means of limiting the shows to those who (in theory) are paying the TV licence fee. Aside from that, the BBC doesn't have world distribution rights for most of the content anyway.

The show will probably show up on one of the public or government funded networks in North America in a year or so.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
ChrisByrd

Post by ChrisByrd »

I guessed that might be the case, but it's good that the BBC took the trouble to reply. So far, the programmes have been very good, playing some of the lesser know composers alongside the big names. A fascinating area of music.
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.9.1, Apogee Duet Firewire, Yamaha S90, Digital Performer 8.0.5, Finale 2012c, Cubase 7, Logic Pro X, NI Komplete 9, HALion 5
aleezysam

Post by aleezysam »

And, for that matter, would it improve the audio to either use the 2408's internal clock, or to use a piece of higher-end gear as an external clock (I have an original Apogee RosettaAD)? I know I'm diving right into the controversy over clock jitter, I'm not asking about the fine points though.
harley davidson leather jackets for men harley davidson leather jackets for men
itil foundation braindump itil foundation braindump
braindumps http://braindumps.net/
motorcycle jackets motorcycle jackets
summersane

Post by summersane »

I like this kind of threads. You did a great job by posting these nice pics and descriptions of exotic tourist....good job