QuickTime Audio Bounce

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Aaron Guidry
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

QuickTime Audio Bounce

Post by Aaron Guidry »

Hello,

Two questions here:

1) I've imported a QuickTime video into DP 7.24. The imported video plays audio (actors talking) and video just fine. I've created my own soundtrack, and I've bounced the new video to the desktop. But, the new video only plays my soundtrack audio. The original QuickTime audio (actors talking) is muted completely. Is there a QuickTime audio output setting that I'm missing when bouncing?

2) I've also used the "copy movie audio to sequence" command to create a new audio track that has the QuickTime audio. However, the audio seems to be greyed-out. I do see the waveform, but it only plays when the movie is open which leads me to believe I have some sort of routing issue. I've selected my Main Out 1-2, which is playing my soundtrack as well. Why won't the newly created audio track play, and why is it greyed-out?

Thanks!

Aaron Guidry
DP 11, Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128GB Memory, Sonoma 14.3.1
Aaron Guidry

Re: QuickTime Audio Bounce

Post by Aaron Guidry »

Figured it out. The sample rate of the video's audio that was copied to a track was not the same sample rate as the Project. That would explain why it was greyed-out and would not play.

Once I converted the sample rate and bounced to a QuickTime movie, both the original audio (actor's voices) and my soundtrack played together in perfect harmony. :)
DP 11, Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128GB Memory, Sonoma 14.3.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: QuickTime Audio Bounce

Post by James Steele »

Glad you solved it!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!