A question about saving files

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
jbyerly1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A question about saving files

Post by jbyerly1 »

These are the requested file formats

The film was shat at 23.98fps. We will have a 23.98 version as well as a 24fps version for DCP
Can you give me 2 versions of the 5.1 files one as is at 23.976 fps and one sped up to 24fps, a 0.1% speed increase.

My question is can I do a Save As after changing frame rates to 24fps to get a copy at 24fps

I really appreciate that this community is here for some one like my self who has been beating on the doors for years and finally get a shot and has questions

John
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: A question about saving files

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You probably know this, but just in case: the frame rate in DP is not going to change speeds of music playback. It is to sync the elapse time displayed with the picture visual or audible code. You simply need to change the tempo of the sequence (see the manual). You can do this quickly by scaling tempo. I'd suggest a different project for the different playback rates, not just a different chunk - so yes, SAVE AS, or better yet, copy the entire project (audio and all) to a new folder and rename it. Work from that for the new frame rate in the event it gets messed up.
jbyerly1 wrote:The film was shat at 23.98fps
Sounds like a few indy films I've worked on. What a wonderful typo that is! LOL!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jbyerly1

Re: A question about saving files

Post by jbyerly1 »

Thanks for the reply MLC. One thing thats unique is the first scene is 25 min long shot in one take. I just got the hard drives. I'll break into them tomorrow

I giggled when I read the email myself
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com