Video out anybody?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
musicinstincts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Video out anybody?

Post by musicinstincts »

Hello again guys!
Well, I have been using a ADS PYRO A/V link box for over seven years and it seems it is giving up on me. So, before I go out and get another one or, one of those Canopus boxes, i wanted to check if anybody had any success using the Blackmagic HDMI card for a third video monitor with DP. Or, any other video card/option that is working for someone else?
I appreciate your time and help.
Oscar
Oscar Jasso
Mac Pro 3.7ghz, Quad core, 128gigs ram.
Slate Raven Core Station
Digital Performer 10 East West Symphony Orchestra Platinum Plus, Hollywood Orchestra Platinum, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5. Machfive, Quantum Leap RA, Symphonic Choirs, Stormdrum, and all that stuff...

http://www.oscarjasso.com
info@oscarjasso.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Video out anybody?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Sorry there are no responses yet. FWIW, I'm on a Canopus box (very old) and it works well. You might find this interesting:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=40389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
musicinstincts

Post by musicinstincts »

Thanks for your reply!
I will look into the canopus but, I am really tempted with that Blackmagic video card.
Oscar
Oscar Jasso
Slate Raven Core Station
Digital Performer 10 East West Symphony Orchestra Platinum Plus, Hollywood Orchestra Platinum, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5. Machfive, Quantum Leap RA, Symphonic Choirs, Stormdrum, and all that stuff...

info@oscarjasso.com
vsoprod
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by vsoprod »

Check out the DP 8 press release. Now you can use the HD express box to send hd footage out to an external monitor. Now I can throw away my DV converter.
MacPro 12core 2.66GHZ, 32GB ram, UA Apollo Quad, DP9.12, OS 10.11.xx Waves, Nomad Factory, Drumagog, Autotune plugins.
Video card nVIDIA GTX 980 2GB memory
Kurt Cowling

Post by Kurt Cowling »

I just read that, as well. I have a MOTU HDX-SDI. Now I can output video through it while using DP. Glad to hear it!
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
musicinstincts

Post by musicinstincts »

Just an update.
I went ahead and purchased the Blackmagic Pro card. It obviously does not work with Dp but works and plays smoothly with Pro Tools 9 and my 002R, unlike the firewire A/V link that was always throwing it offline (I am guessing not enough bus power). I guess I'll just wing it this way until DP 8 comes out and then look into buying the HD express box.
Thanks for your input guys. Now need to fix my QL Choirs because, they are so out of tune!
Cheers!
Oscar
Oscar Jasso
Slate Raven Core Station

info@oscarjasso.com
musicinstincts

Post by musicinstincts »

Thanks Abhiram!
Does it work with DP8?
I have not upgraded yet.
Oscar Jasso
Slate Raven Core Station

info@oscarjasso.com
garrylinn

Post by garrylinn »

Yeah. We can use HD express box to send hd footage out to an external monitor in DP 8. Actually, I am using this for sometime now. It is awesome. Working fine for me. Even though features are limited in the system.