My First Short.

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
matthewgglover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

My First Short.

Post by matthewgglover »

I made this short to see if my friends and I could do it since I've got a bigger idea that will require more resources.

Let me know what you think and any pointers/criticisms are welcomed and encouraged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZinXMs62U
barreltone

Re: My First Short.

Post by barreltone »

A little oddly absurdist to have made pasta and eaten pizza, I thought. Left me scratching my head instead of laughing. The doing dishes with beards was a good bit, though!

I think it probably would have been better to have more of the crazy sounds in the room itself, but I can tell from the last line, you didn't have a very good recording environment in there. Did you have a boom op to get as close as possible?

Because you were trying to make the sfx so much bigger than the environment, I could hear some of the low noise as they came in/out. So, it might be worth doing some noise reduction and/or EQ on those. Oh, and a few of the ripping sounds had a little more low end than I wanted to hear. Almost sounded mic-bump-ish to me.

In your sfx mix, I was also looking for a little panning, especially when sounds are happening offscreen.

Interesting music choice - was that from a Bach cello suite?

Overall, I liked the people onscreen, and your ideas were pretty good. Keep working at it!

Hope this helps!

Matt
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem,OS X 10.6.8, MOTU 896HD, DP 7.24, Finale 2009, MSI, Izotope Trash, Spectron, Ozone 4, Alloy, Rx2
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

Liked it - Thanks for sharing,

mvh
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

It was good. The sounds really were quite over-the-top (in an effective way).

It was cool how they all were so happy once they were "working together" at the end.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com