Post-Production Resources/Info

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post-Production Resources/Info

Post by James Steele »

I'm opening up this topic as a sticky, and if others of you have some good links for inclusion please let me know and I'll add them to this topic.

Kelly Jacklin's Audio-Post Production Primer
http://jacklinstudios.com/docs/post-primer.html
Kelly Jacklin posted his Audio Post-Production Technical Primer has some really great information in it.
strikingtwice

Re: Post-Production Resources/Info

Post by strikingtwice »

Wow, this is an amazing tool. This will work extremely well in my classes to help as a "glossary".
Last edited by strikingtwice on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
David DeLizza
4-core nehalem macpro, 6 gb ram, dp5,6,7, motu 896hd, axiom61, reason 4, bunch o' plugs.
Movies

Post by Movies »

This was definitely super informative! Thanks, duder!
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7/16GB, OSX 10.14.6, DP 10.1, MOTU 896mk3
rockitcity

Post by rockitcity »

Here's a good one for all things film related:

http://web.archive.org/web/200008160636 ... ssary.html
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

This posted in another thread, here again for convenience:

I just came across this collection on Vimeo of videos about sound production, I thought some 'nationers might be interested. They have videos from the people behind Planet of the Apes, Interstellar, etc. etc.

From their statement:
  • The goal for the SoundWorks Collection is simple; we are dedicated to profiling the greatest and upcoming sound minds from around the world and highlight their contributions.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku