It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 am

Text Size

My First Short.

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.

My First Short.

Postby matthewgglover » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 am

I made this short to see if my friends and I could do it since I've got a bigger idea that will require more resources.

Let me know what you think and any pointers/criticisms are welcomed and encouraged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZinXMs62U
matthewgglover

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: My First Short.

Postby barreltone » Sun May 01, 2011 6:15 pm

A little oddly absurdist to have made pasta and eaten pizza, I thought. Left me scratching my head instead of laughing. The doing dishes with beards was a good bit, though!

I think it probably would have been better to have more of the crazy sounds in the room itself, but I can tell from the last line, you didn't have a very good recording environment in there. Did you have a boom op to get as close as possible?

Because you were trying to make the sfx so much bigger than the environment, I could hear some of the low noise as they came in/out. So, it might be worth doing some noise reduction and/or EQ on those. Oh, and a few of the ripping sounds had a little more low end than I wanted to hear. Almost sounded mic-bump-ish to me.

In your sfx mix, I was also looking for a little panning, especially when sounds are happening offscreen.

Interesting music choice - was that from a Bach cello suite?

Overall, I liked the people onscreen, and your ideas were pretty good. Keep working at it!

Hope this helps!

Matt
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem,OS X 10.6.8, MOTU 896HD, DP 7.24, Finale 2009, MSI, Izotope Trash, Spectron, Ozone 4, Alloy, Rx2
barreltone

Postby dpg4macman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Liked it - Thanks for sharing,

mvh
Mac Mini 2.5GHz i5,OSX 10.9,16G ram,DP 8.0.5, S1v2, Mixbus, MachFive 3, MX4, IK Total Workstation 2 Bundle, T-RackS 3 Deluxe, Wave Arts Power Suite 4, Gigs & Gigs of samples, EZ drummer, BFD ECO, Stephen Slate Drums, List goes on..., Kurzweil K2000s, TrapKat, Washburn Idol & G5V Guitars, Ibanez Bass, Vox-ToneLab LE, Epiphone Valve Jr., Mackie 1202, Symetrix 525, Alesis 3630, Axiom 49, Audix_Cad 300e_AT 4033 mics, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Etc...
dpg4macman

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Postby stubbsonic » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:47 pm

It was good. The sounds really were quite over-the-top (in an effective way).

It was cool how they all were so happy once they were "working together" at the end.
RMBP (2.6 i7), FF800, DP8, Kontakt, Reaktor, K2661S, K2500RS, iPad4, also have a sawtooth G4 for running a few legacy apps and a UAD-1.
stubbsonic

Return to Digital Performer: Film/Video Scoring & Post Production