Mach Five HUGE Problems

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

_Ddan_
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mach Five HUGE Problems

Post by _Ddan_ »

Hi
2 questions
1st
My MACBOOKPRO only has 2 USB ports and for reasons unknown to me the powered USB HUB doesnt seem to like some of my expanders, making it vry complex to work.
Is there a way to install ILOK in my machine and free my precious USB port?

2nd
Occasionally MACHFIVE doesn't recognize the files I saved in an eternal Hard Disk. I did this because my Machine has a very small memory (250 GB).
However if I temporarily copy the files to the main drive they work just fine. I only use the original sounds as they came from the disks, no changes, no modification at all.

Is there a reason for these errors?. The hard drive works fine and the tests I did in case there were broken blocs all tell me everything is fine.

Any Hints?

Thanks a lot
bayswater

Re: Mach Five HUGE Problems

Post by bayswater »

First, I'd suspect the USB hub. I've had some (powered) hubs that didn't work, but the one I have now has the iLok key, two elicencer keys, a Waves USB key, a keyboard, and control surface, all working properly, on three Macs and OS versions 10.4 to 10.13.

Second, I have always stored everything associated with MachFive on an external drive. But it was always a bit inconsistent at showing the files at times. Loading files, I often had to resort to the view that shows physical drives rather than indexed files. I never figured out how to get this work consistently, but since moved on to Falcon which works more as expected.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Re: Mach Five HUGE Problems

Post by Michael Canavan »

1. No, MachFive is authorized via the USB dongle only.

2. I've had this problem before, it carries over to Falcon as well.
First off you probably need to delete the old directory and reassign your libraries in Preferences under soundbanks. After that they should show up. Seems to me sometimes getting this to stick took a hard restart.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.