Browsing sounds

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Gone To Lunch
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Browsing sounds

Post by Gone To Lunch »

In my previous MachFive 2 I was able to scroll down the list of eg snare drums, and hear each one, do the same in the browse window.

But I don't seem to be able to do this in MF3 ? If I load, say All SD, I can see the list in the display on the right, but there is no sound.

I have not been able to get to the list of sounds in the browse window either ?

I can get all the various snare sounds in the window with the keyboard map, when I select a key, but how do I audition the list like in MF2 ?
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.
Gone To Lunch

Re: Browsing sounds

Post by Gone To Lunch »

To clarify :

I have opened three parts in MF3, HH, SD, and BD

If in the main window I select

Universal Loops - Drums - acoustic - Sorted elements - All HH, All SD or All BD, I get an appropriate sound, but only one, ie I can't scroll through all the individual HHs, BDs and SDs.

If in the main window I select

Universal Loops - Drums - acoustic - Drum kits - and then pick any sound on that list, I hear nothing, but the MIDI channel lights flash appropriately ?
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.
Gone To Lunch

Post by Gone To Lunch »

By way of checking

I just set up another instance of MF3 and tried loading some guitars and connecting them to MIDI parts in my DP and everything worked as it should, ie I could hear the parts I chose, and therefore my MIDI connectivity to DP must be okay too, so it must be something to do with the drum samples ?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just off the top of my head... could it be the key assignments are messed up?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gone To Lunch

Post by Gone To Lunch »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Just off the top of my head... could it be the key assignments are messed up?
I think it must be something like that, because the guitar test worked ?

Presumably there is some complexity perhaps to do with individual sounds being organised through layers, different from the 'All' sound collections, but I can't get my head round how MF3 works and am currently looking for'idiot's guide' videos. All suggestions gratefully received.