Mach5 only as "stand-alone"and not as plugin in DP's V-rack

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

greeny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mach5 only as "stand-alone"and not as plugin in DP's V-rack

Post by greeny »

Hello again,
I've recently had to reinstall and authorize most of my music software; Mach5 v3.2.1 was one of the items.
With a little help from Dave Roberts at Motu I've managed to get Mach5 authorized and functioning ; however it only works as a "stand-alone" Instruments and Digital Performer will not "see it" and post it on the list of available Instrument plug-ins, consequently not loading the instrument in the V-rack.

The Mach5 v3.2.1. component (AU as well as VST) has been installed in the correct folder/location by its installer, being: Library>Audio>Plugins>Components>MachFive3.component.
There, the component sits besides my other previously installed components such as Altiverb6, Garritan Aria Player, Stylus RMX, which are all available and functional as plug-ins within the Digital Performer7.24 V-rack.
Mach5 does not figure on the list of available instruments in the V-rack. Am I missing something? Weird because it works perfectly well as a stand alone instrument but only as a stand-alone instrument, not as a plug-in inside DP.

Can someone perhaps share some insights or words of wisdom?
Thanks and best regards . Alix

PS: I'll send this message to the DP as well as the M5 forum
greeny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mach5 only as "stand-alone"and not as plugin in DP's V-r

Post by greeny »

Hurray!

I've resolved the issue by consulting the DP7 manual and "checking" the M5 plugin in the audio-plugin preferences window (page833). DP simply had to examine the AU extension, validate it and restart the audio engine once more.
And voilà! It was no big deal in the end.

Cheers!