Workflow Tips Needed for Making Sample Sets in M53

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Workflow Tips Needed for Making Sample Sets in M53

Post by Killahurts »

Hey guys, I haven't made my own multi-samples patches/libraries in a long time, since MachFive 2. What I need to do is really simple:

I have recorded samples of vocal choruses, on each half step over a two octave range. In the end, I want to be able to play the "choir" polyphonically on a keyboard. I have recorded and mixed each note in DP and created a stereo file for each. I will convert these into 24 bit, 44.1kHz. stereo Wave files, to work with M5. Should I drag and drop each note from a folder, or import, OR does M5 support batch naming? As in naming them D_vocal, D#_vocal, E_vocal, etc., put them in a folder and import them all at once, and M5 puts them on the right keys?

Also, when I get the notes in and across the keys, I will have to do some editing, cross-fades, etc., and I'm going to want to work with many or all the samples at the same time. Is this possible in M5? If not, I'll have to set the samples up perfectly before I drag them in I suppose.

I have not been able to find any Youtube videos or anything else that goes into real sampling in MachFive, just whatever sounds and FX it does. I'm open to all materials on the web that can help me get up to speed..

I remember the last time we did this type of sampling, many years ago on MachFive 2. As I recall, it was very hard and complicated, and I had to edit every single sample individually to do anything.. took WAY too long. Trying to avoid that this time. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.