Machfive FX insert in Logic?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Michael_swe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Machfive FX insert in Logic?

Post by Michael_swe »

I just realised that Machfive 3 does not joke around when it comes to FX and Multi FX. It's not available in my list of inserts in Logic. But please tell me that I can re-wire it somehow so I can run my other samples and synths through the FX and Multi FX in Machfive!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

(I won't bounce tracks and load them in Machfive everytime I want to access the FX in Machfive. So please don't tell me that's the only way)
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Machfive FX insert in Logic?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

AFAIK, you cannot access just the plugins included in M5 without actually using M5 itself. Which plugin (FX) did you find you desired? Perhaps a standalone program might provide that - such as... http://www.ircamlab.com
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
billf

Post by billf »

Michael_swe wrote:I just realised that Machfive 3 does not joke around when it comes to FX and Multi FX. It's not available in my list of inserts in Logic. But please tell me that I can re-wire it somehow so I can run my other samples and synths through the FX and Multi FX in Machfive!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

(I won't bounce tracks and load them in Machfive everytime I want to access the FX in Machfive. So please don't tell me that's the only way)
In Logic you have to use a Software Instrument Track as MachFive is a VI. Once you have the correct track type, you'll find MachFive in the AU Instruments drop down insert menu when you click the Instrument button.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Yes, you can definitely use MachFive in Logic Pro X. Click the dropdown menu for the Input on a Software Instrument track and slide down to AU Instruments > MOTU > MachFive and select the version you want.
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
Michael_swe

Post by Michael_swe »

bkshepard wrote:Yes, you can definitely use MachFive in Logic Pro X. Click the dropdown menu for the Input on a Software Instrument track and slide down to AU Instruments > MOTU > MachFive and select the version you want.

Please read the question again. I want to use the FX only. This is apparently not possible. Which sucks balls.

I guess bouncing tracks and loading them as audio files in Machfive is the only way to do it. Kind of counter-productive when it comes to keeping a creative workflow.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, I recall this topic came up before. People were wishing there was a "through" mode like having a live input for MachFive. Seems like with some buffering it could be done.

I don't think Kontakt does this either. But I could see why folks would want to with M5
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com