F Grand 278 Piano serious bug

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

a_bugaichuk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

F Grand 278 Piano serious bug

Post by a_bugaichuk »

I just recently try to use this piano, and found that it unusable, there is strange bug.
For example load this piano, and just make random clicks by mouse to his GUI keys, and after about couple minutes the sound becomes more quiet and finally remains something like just softly reverberation (or something like that). And if at this moment try to unload instrument, then daw completely hang, and helped only closing of the application via cntrl+alt+del.
With the rest of the other MF banks (mark79 for example) that does not happen.
It seems, some bug in scripts maybe. Was anyone getting such ?

Win7 64bit, DAW 32bit (may be the reason exactly in the this specifics)
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: F Grand 278 Piano serious bug

Post by mikehalloran »

See if it behaves the same in the UVI player.

I'm not having that problem. I don't use it because I don't care for the sound.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

mikehalloran wrote:See if it behaves the same in the UVI player.
Tried just now, all ok in UVI. (And immediately again in MF for any case - the same problem).
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

a_bugaichuk wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:See if it behaves the same in the UVI player.
Tried just now, all ok in UVI. (And immediately again in MF for any case - the same problem).
You want to post that in a Tech Link at MOTU Support. Include that it doesn't happen in the UVI player.

Hmmmm... Before you do that, do a Get Info on your libraries and check the build date. I had problems with a few and found that those on the MOTU and UVI sites had the same version number but a later build date. Huh?!?!? Weird but, when I replaced mine with the later builds, my issues cleared up. We can always hope something is that simple. If not, back to a Tech Link.

Post what results. Problems never happen to just one person.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
a_bugaichuk

Post by a_bugaichuk »

mikehalloran Yes, i already sent message (start techlink) to motu tech support, with description of whole issue. I was advised to download the latest version. And i already use libraries downloaded from "update" motu webpage, there latest builds (from motu at least). But for any case i download this piano bank again - it is the same build. After I did not get any reply from TS yet.

Also i wrote to UVI support, with hope to get access to download perhaps more latest F Grand 278 version than in motu page, but uvi reply that they not have long ago F Grand (as separate product at least), and advised to contact to motu support.

Perhaps, the problem can be related with some "Streaming" process, options for which presents in UVI player (but missing in MachFive) why in uvi all ok.
Or, some error in F Grand script work. (or all of this together)