Machfive 4 this year?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Machfive 4 this year?

Post by billf »

magicmusik wrote:I ask at motu if it is possible to use the competition upgrade with sample tank se 3, because sample tank 3 se is around 80 Eur now and on Motu page does not stand sample tank anyversion. On kontakt stand (any version)
Check with your local retailer. Sweetwater has the upgrade/crossgrade options listed here http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MachFive3cg.

From that page:
To qualify for this reduced price crossgrade, you must be able to provide proof-of-registration for one of the following products:

Ableton Live
Akai MPC Studio
EastWest Play
E-MU Emulator X2
Apple Logic (any version with the EXS24)
GigaStudio (any version)
Steinberg HALion
KVR Yellow Tools Independence
Native Instruments Kontakt (any version)
Quantum Leap Goliath
Propellorhead Reason
IK Multimedia SampleTank
Avid Structure
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I think the question is not whether you can use Sampletank to get the competitive upgrade. Obviously you can. It's whether you can use the SE version of Sampletank.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
magicmusik
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by magicmusik »

bayswater wrote:I think the question is not whether you can use Sampletank to get the competitive upgrade. Obviously you can. It's whether you can use the SE version of Sampletank.
yes, this is the question. because full version cost for example here 459$. competition cost here only 259$

http://www.sweetwater.com/c848--Virtual ... s_Samplers

normaly the listet for upgrade samplers have higher price. But the low cost version of sample tank here, is much lower in price. I see only Eur 79.99 price.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3se/

so if buy competition upgrade and sample tank 3 se is better. you save money and get a sample tank 3 additional. and if you buy ik Hardware for example pads etc then you can get sample tank3 se free(see on ik page)

1. time i send a mail to motu(customerservice@....), i add the link to ik sample tank 3 SE page. because i get no answer i think maybe mail was delete because of spam by them. so i send second mail without link to SE page. my english is not so good, but i guess in a mail as this can understand what i mean, or if somebody read it, he can answer.

another possible is, that machfive is not furtherdevelop and it is a sale out. But i hope not that this happen. In kontakt i dislike the high price and that it have such small fonts(when font size set to large only few fonts get larger). but kontakt 5 is from 2011 and nobody know about 4k monitors. so i guess sooner or later kontakt get a new scalable GUI in kontakt 6.
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:I think the question is not whether you can use Sampletank to get the competitive upgrade. Obviously you can. It's whether you can use the SE version of Sampletank.
Which is why I recommend the OP contact his/her local retailer to find out for certain.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
magicmusik

Post by magicmusik »

I think the retailer do not know. On Motu machfive page stand this
"
To qualify for this MachFive competitive upgrade offer, you must confirm ownership of a competing product listed below. This is done after purchase, when you register your new MachFive 3 software. To register your MachFive competitive upgrade, email our customer service department (customerservice@...) with a copy of your MachFive 3 purchase receipt AND a screenshot of your competing product sales receipt or registration."
and when i buy machfive and i get no answer, then i can never use it. currently i get no answer, but i have not pay anything. I use same e-mail address. lets see what happen....
magicmusik

Post by magicmusik »

taka wrote:..If their past update cycle is anything to go by, 2015 could be the year for M5-4 update, has anyone here heard anything about it? maybe at NAMM?

Thanks- Taka*
the speculation is right, in 2015 come something new. but it seem not from Motu. it is release from UVI, look in featurelist as a mach 5 3. see here

http://www.uvi.net/en/software/falcon.html

If there are new features in compare to 5.3, i did not know. I have still not buy machfive, because of no demo see. kontakt have a demo, you can see what you get, and kontakt get updates. I still think in feature theory machfive and now falcon is better as kontakt. sad that there are so few guys do scripts for machfive and sounds

I hope uvi do not the same mistake as motu. i hope uvi release a demo, and many do scripts for it
UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider »

Neither MOTU nor UVI have commented on the future of the product currently called MachFive, but there is no question that Falcon IS MachFive 4. There are a lot of new features: More effects, more sound generation options, more modulation options. There's also a new browser.

Also: Now a digital download (no box required) and now includes a PDF manual.

A much smaller library than MachFive, though.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

and when i buy machfive and i get no answer, then i can never use it. currently i get no answer, but i have not pay anything. I use same e-mail address. lets see what happen....
When you buy the competitive upgrade from a reseller, it works as soon as you register your iLok codes. There are two separate cards in the box, one for MachFive and another for the included UVI DVDs. Once the licenses are downloaded into your iLok, you're good to go. You need an iLok or iLok2 for MachFive3 to work.

You send your qualifying documentation to MOTU afterwards and then it can be registered for support. The software works whether you do this or not.
I hope uvi do not the same mistake as motu. i hope uvi release a demo, and many do scripts for it
UVI has not made a demo available for download – you have to watch the videos and listen to the samples. If you think this is a mistake, you can always contact them.

In the mean time, the $229 intro price with a $100 coupon towards for additional libraries is not a bad thing.

You don't even need a physical iLok anymore for UVI. Install the iLok License Manager and create an account. You can then authorize up to three computers.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

It seems that fairly recent forum members are repeating speculations from GS that have been posted as "fact" regarding Falcon "replacing" MachFive.

Given the timeframe of the discount period, it's pretty important for us MachFive v3 owners to know whether we should jump on board or wait for a MOTU MachFive v4 update, as MachFive in general (historically) as been more user-friendly and more advanced than UVI Workstation.

I suppose it might be a sensitive issue though, if a relationship was terminated, for whatever reason (perhaps UVI just sees a lot of growth from recent publicity and favorable library reviews and doesn't "need" MOTU anymore).

Hopefully Magic Dave Roberts can comment, if the whole situation is settled and it's just a matter of clarification of details.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider »

mhschmieder wrote:It seems that fairly recent forum members are repeating speculations from GS that have been posted as "fact" regarding Falcon "replacing" MachFive...
Oh, brother...
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

UltimateOutsider wrote:but there is no question that Falcon IS MachFive 4.
THIS was what I was responding to. Please provide your evidence.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
klamm

Post by klamm »

but there is no question that Falcon IS MachFive 4.
For sure, not even a clue has been given to us...
Hopefully Magic Dave Roberts can comment, if the whole situation is settled and it's just a matter of clarification of details.
Indeed, as M5 users we deserve an explanation about this very strange situation.

Given the timeframe of the discount period, it's pretty important for us MachFive v3 owners to know whether we should jump on board or wait for a MOTU MachFive v4 update
Considering the new features, I jumped two hours after UVI's announcement. (new features and well I'm kind of an impulsive person... :))
It's been one day & a half now. I think Falcon is a worthy addition. 200$ + 100$ voucher is no brainer (for an impulsive person).
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...
magicmusik

Post by magicmusik »

UltimateOutsider wrote:Neither MOTU nor UVI have commented on the future of the product currently called MachFive, but there is no question that Falcon IS MachFive 4. There are a lot of new features: More effects, more sound generation options, more modulation options. There's also a new browser.

Also: Now a digital download (no box required) and now includes a PDF manual.

A much smaller library than MachFive, though.
important thing for me i notice in Falcon description, that Falcon have no *.sf2 and kontakt, exs24 import format. machfive can do it, in featurelist. It is enough when only sample mapping to keyboard is done. Kontakt compress NCW format can not read, is clear, but even in the free kontakt version, you can resave many instruments(mostly free instruments) uncompressed to get the wav. i test it with some libs. here is explain how.

https://www.strezov-sampling.com/articl ... 20WAV.html

or maybe in a sampler can add automatic mapping detection, and with the tuner is automatic detect, what root key it have

hope uvi or machfive Team give a statement soon, if there come another machfive version or not. i guess not, because a version of falcon and another new version of machfive make no sense, because both look very simular

for new user falcon have not much sound lib in compare to machfive. but machfive user, can buy another lib they want and not have, for 100$ less.
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

This was just posted by UVI on KVR

Hi all,

Thanks for your enthusiasm around Falcon, we’re very excited to hear what you create with it!

To MachFive3 owners, we hear you and understand.
We can’t comment just yet but please know that we’re working on something for you.
Expect concrete info early this next week.

Whatever the final form is, we’ll make sure it considers both users who have yet to purchase Falcon and those that already have.

Thanks,
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
klamm

Post by klamm »

kgdrum wrote:This was just posted by UVI on KVR

Hi all,

Thanks for your enthusiasm around Falcon, we’re very excited to hear what you create with it!

To MachFive3 owners, we hear you and understand.
We can’t comment just yet but please know that we’re working on something for you.
Expect concrete info early this next week.

Whatever the final form is, we’ll make sure it considers both users who have yet to purchase Falcon and those that already have.

Thanks,
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net
That's great news. 8)
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...