File Paths Lost

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Aaron Guidry
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

File Paths Lost

Post by Aaron Guidry »

Hello!

Re-occurring problem with Mach5 and DP:

When opening a project after weeks away from it, Mach5 sometimes can not find the file paths for the samples that have been loaded (Error message of "missing samples" come up). I've not changed the names of drives, etc. The only thing I can think of that HAS changed is that the drive housing my sounds has been unplugged from the computer and plugged back in.

Why would the file paths be lost, and, consequently, force me have to reload every single sound?

Thanks!
DP 11, Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128GB Memory, Sonoma 14.3.1
larryssp

Re: File Paths Lost

Post by larryssp »

I've had a similar problem for some time now and heard it was to be fixed at some point. If I have DP open for a period of time - could be five, ten or thirty minutes, when I open up another project the missing files dialogue comes up. I have to restart DP and then everything's ok. Pain in the butt but all it takes is a reboot of DP. I think it started in a Mach Five 3 version. Not sure though.

Larry
DP 9.12, OS 10.11.6, mac pro 8 core, 24 gigs ram, Mach Five 3.2, MSI, Superior Drummer, Battery, Reason, Slate Drums, EW Gold
http://www.2ndstprod.com
http://www.dannysguitarshop.tv
Aaron Guidry

Post by Aaron Guidry »

larryssp wrote:I've had a similar problem for some time now and heard it was to be fixed at some point. If I have DP open for a period of time - could be five, ten or thirty minutes, when I open up another project the missing files dialogue comes up. I have to restart DP and then everything's ok. Pain in the butt but all it takes is a reboot of DP. I think it started in a Mach Five 3 version. Not sure though.

Larry
Similar problem, for sure, except a reboot doesn't work for me.

The patches are still labeled correctly in Mach5, it's just that the path is lost, so the actual sounds are not playable until I reload each one manually. Of course, doing so completely erases any edits I might have made to the patch (FX, etc.)
Aaron Guidry

Post by Aaron Guidry »

Here's how to fix this:

1. Discard All Errors
2. Save the MF3 instance as a multi.
3. Remount soundbanks.
4. Reload multi.

Doing this will reload the samples without deleting user presets.
jodac
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jodac »

confused... "Remount sound banks". This problem has occurred more than I'd like to admit and in huge, multi instance orchestra templates. Any more insight would be helpful.
Aaron Guidry

Post by Aaron Guidry »

jodac wrote:confused... "Remount sound banks". This problem has occurred more than I'd like to admit and in huge, multi instance orchestra templates. Any more insight would be helpful.
I can't seem to find a common denominator between the projects that oddly get their soundbanks "unmounted." I'm just as puzzled by why this seems to randomly happen every so often!