Can M53 "pitch-play thru" a note or chord triggered as one s

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

AVENTUS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can M53 "pitch-play thru" a note or chord triggered as one s

Post by AVENTUS »

After seeing the impressive IRCAM video, I'm intrigued as to whether or not I should buy M53, and A&B it compared to my Roland V-Synth GT, and see if it's time to sell it and move to M53.

I know the sound quality of the "time identical" pitch-shift across many octaves will sound better on M53, but unless I have the ability to "play thru" that triggered note or chord, I can't sell my beloved V-Synth GT.

Now, as for what I mean by "play thru", I mean, can I set any given note or chord, to be triggered at full velocity and full duration at first touch of any key/keys within a chord, and then, AS THAT KEY OR CHORD IS PLAYING....take a stroll up or down the octaves with a pitch-bending Melody totally anew to the original polyphonic or monophonic sample used on the original note or notes ?

And can it do this with various Portamento/etc settings as well ? So I can choose to "slide" from note to note, as this original source sample plays thru to conclusion ?

If anyone can answer affirmatively and definitively, you have just sold a copy of MACH FIVE v.3
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Can M53 "pitch-play thru" a note or chord triggered as o

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I understand your question and I don't know the answer as far as M5. I also have a V-Synth and it's the only device i have done this with. You might call MOTU to ask and ill play with it a bit this afternoon to try that, but my gut tells me M5 is not able to do that.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
AVENTUS

Re: Can M53 "pitch-play thru" a note or chord triggered as o

Post by AVENTUS »

Ok thanks,

I'll call them tommorrow morning and ask.